All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 08-20-2012, 09:45 PM

Hi Kerry, I hope there's still room. The EH team was planning on coming down, myself and AL.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Absolutely Paul!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:36 PM

work and wife permission permitting I'd love to come and learn about this here metal pounding!

course I couldn't stay till the 29th, because my wife is throwing me a surprise birthday party on the 29th.

I want to learn it all: afro engineering, jigging, fake it till you make it, holdin your mouth right, and down right skill!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:00 AM

Kerry, looks like you may be able to get the dust blown out of your shop for free in a couple of days. Hope all the bad gets out of the weather before it
Gets to you.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Administrator

4 more weeks to go.

We're going to do a tool exchange again. Bring something you've made that is worth $20 or more. The people participating will have a number drawn for another tool.

I've got a few door prizes donated and if anyone wants to donate anything they can bring it with them or mail it to me:

Kerry Pinkerton
284 North Day Hill rd.
Harvest, Al 35749
Old 08-29-2012, 09:49 PM

Hey Kerry,

I got permission from the wife AND boss so I'll be there if there's room for me! and I'll be there all 5 days. got a few questions.

you said there will be AC in the shop, and some porta potties, how about showers? if it's that important should we got ahead and look into the hotel room?

also is it out of the question to maybe show up monday evening, and leave sunday morning?

also, what about money? you charging for time, space, effort? or anything? or just metal?

Thanks!

I want to learn it all: afro engineering, jigging, fake it till you make it, holdin your mouth right, and down right skill!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by humandurk View Post
Hey Kerry,

I got permission from the wife AND boss so I'll be there if there's room for me! and I'll be there all 5 days. got a few questions.

you said there will be AC in the shop, and some porta potties, how about showers? if it's that important should we got ahead and look into the hotel room?

also is it out of the question to maybe show up monday evening, and leave sunday morning?

also, what about money? you charging for time, space, effort? or anything? or just metal?

Thanks!
Ryan, we have room for you. The main shop rooms have AC. The rest isn't. It will depend on what project you work on as to how hot you'll get.

No showers but the hose is handy. Motel or camp is up to you. It will probably be hot in late September so sleeping may be a bit uncomfortable if you're camping. That said, some folks do that every year. Lots of hotels in Huntsville. You want to be on University drive somewhere.

We don't really charge but there is a donation bucket and most folks kick in 10-20 or so a day to help offset the cost of the meet. Some do more, some less and it sort of evens out. During the main days we'll be cooking burgers and dogs. Monday evening to Sunday am is fine.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Change of plans...My next door neighbor is moving and I've spoken with him about letting folks crash in his empty house during the meet. He's interested and willing depending on how many folks sign up.

Here is the deal. You'll have to bring your own cot or air mattress and bedding, towels, toiletries, Probably even some toilet paper, it's an empty house. There are two bathrooms with showers and even a kitchen. You'll be expected to leave it as clean as you found it.

$100 per person for the event. One night or all week. First come first serve. there is room for quite a few guys but if only one or two is interested he may not want to do it.

Let me know via PM or here.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Here is a list of those who said they were coming. If your name is on this list and you are NOT coming please let me know. If you're coming and your name is NOT on this list, please let me know. We need to plan for some stuff.

Mat McLary
Jeff Newton
Roger Pfallsgraph
Uncle Johnny
Bob Baisden
Joe Hartson
Jeffery Scott
Jeffery’s Dad
Mike Wahl
Will Cronkite
Carey Culpepper
Pat Groover
Dan Shady
Johnny Moss
Andrew Slater
Dan Pate
Steve Hamilton
Mike Rouse
Jamey Hunter
Brent and some helpers
DeWayne Morgan
Andre Wilson
Marty from Indiana
Mike Hendrix
Eric Elkin
Paul and Al Jewel from Ca Na Da
Ryan from Texas
Mark Denny
Barb Lawrence
Robert Kolenda and daughter Mallory

Dan Shady is going to host a shop tour Saturday evening after supper as in years past. It's always a treat to see Dan's shop and what he is working on.

There is still room to crash next door but you need to let me know asap.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:18 PM

Default meet

Kerry i see you have me down on the list. Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it this year. Work and life has gotten in the way this year. Hope to be there next year as i am going to miss having fun down there with you guys.