All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 01-28-2011, 09:54 AM

Dan, I'm gonna try to make it. Life is real busy right now., but Barb and I sure enjoyed going to your meet about a year ago. I have it on our calander. Steve

never-ever kick a fresh turd on a hot day!
Old 01-28-2011, 11:57 AM

I am planning to be at Dan's spring meet. I missed his event last fall which was about the best he has ever had. These Route 56 events are becoming one of "the metal events". Good to see all the interest from shapers willing to make the longer trips.

For those not familiar with this area; The twin cities of Minneapolis and St paul were heavy industrial cities in days gone by. The Steel/Manufacturing/Auto Industry/Heavy Manufacturing corridor extended from the Northeast along the south edge of the Great Lakes to Minneapolis and Duluth. Consequently this area is blessed with large quantities of surplus industrial machinery, equipment and supplies. The dealers handling this stuff are dwindling. High business costs and rising scrap metal prices are taking a toll on supplies.

But it is not too late! I will put together a list of places to shop. For those coming from afar a day or two before or after the meet may be a lot of fun!

For those who might be a bit squeezed for travel budgets; Dan is located in a rural area about 45 miles south of St Paul. He has, in the past, made arrangements for people to camp on his property. Dan and LuAnn are very accomodating, don't hesitate to get in touch and ask.

Weather here at that time of year will be mild, could get in 80s during the day and down to 50s at nite. Nice time of year here and Dan's shop is located in a picturesque small valley.

See you there,

My phone just rang. I am off to Polar tool , one of the surplus places I mentioned. I will take some photos inside the store. http://www.polar-tool.com

Here is the link to Ambles. They have good photos on their web site http://www.amblesmachinery.com

Last edited by Richard K; 01-28-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: add polar tool
Old 01-28-2011, 10:33 PM

Thanks Richard now i am starting to think i need to come up on thursday instead of friday. I will have to see what my wife thinks of that.

I have heard of some great places to go up there but have never had he time to go. Maybe this will be the time to try and go.

My two and a half year olds solution if i dont have something..( go buy some)! Thats my boy!!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:48 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan. 2011, Nov. 2016

Richard I think going to those places with no cash would be to painfull...
Taxes hit me hard that time of year. I'm looking forward to visiting with you. I'll bring my power hammer parts along and maybe you can give me a little advice.

Dan every meet you have get better and better!!
Edit
To make it easier for Dan we should have a roll call. Dan has rolls and coffee in the morning each day, and provides a very nice lunch on saturday.

Last edited by Dyce; 01-29-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:48 AM

Default roll call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce View Post
Richard I think going to those places with no cash would be to painfull...
Taxes hit me hard that time of year. I'm looking forward to visiting with you. I'll bring my power hammer parts along and maybe you can give me a little advice.

Dan every meet you have get better and better!!
Edit
To make it easier for Dan we should have a roll call. Dan has rolls and coffee in the morning each day, and provides a very nice lunch on saturday.
jeff,i didnt know that was what a roll call was, put me down for 2 apple fritters every morningross
Old 01-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Ross,you better bring that new wife down so you can stay longer.Ill have extra fritters for her also.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:08 AM

dan, like the silo idea.wondered when you had to expand,go up! first floor copper roses,second floor planishing,third floor polishing.dont forget to visit our swimming pool in the lower level! ross,(got a real job)w
Old 01-29-2011, 09:54 PM

Default Road Trip

Hi,
I'm from Washington State and would like to attend your meet. My wife will probably be traveling with me. We would like to explore the Midwest area. My metal working capabilities are amateurish at the best. Have a desire to improve my skill level. Please let me know what I need to do to attend.

Jim D
Old 01-30-2011, 12:48 AM

Welcome Jim!.. Most of us have "amateurish" metal skills. You have to start some where!

The whole reason for these events is to get better and meet some great people.

C
hris'
Autobody
Restoration
Service

Old 01-31-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by route56wingnut View Post
Do you have anymore baby bronco parts to play with?
There is no shortage of Bronco parts. I'm not sure about having room in the trunk of my car though. I still have the other door to do not to mention finishing up the door I started at Kerry's.