View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 06:32 PM

[QUOTE=Peter Tommasini;148287]
Quote:
This was my way builing with experience..The Mechammer and
The MechBammer,simple machines that do what they have to do..
Ben

EXACTLY!!!!
You can have the best Engineers, best welders, best type of materials ,best cad system design etc...
But !! At the end of the day the machine that one makes needs to do a specific task ..and do it well. so in my opinion that comes with Years of experience in the trade that the machine is made for, ...lets say one is making a wheeling machine or a reciprocating machine or a planishing hammer etc, you need to have the machine working with minimum effort and do exactly what the machine task was made for, one may need to change a few things on the way but the results need to be right . If the machine is not preforming the way intended... one would know because of his experience
if not ..well give it away........
Peter
PS in my case I have design and built machine for the metalshaping trade that where not quite exactly doing the task that I built them for, so they ended up on the scrap bin
I think the main thing in building a machine is... Keeping it as simple as possible... some of the best machines are simple designs... the helve hammers.... basic Reciprocating machines with a simple lift adjustment... some without if open end beading/ forming is all that is needed.

Bens Mech machines are probably the best on the market... in terms of capabilities and all around use.

My personal goal is to build a really simple and effective machine... ( or in the case of a power hammer and reciprocating machine... two machines) not only to show it can be done, but to show it can be done on a budget even if some of the work is outsourced. ( plasma cutting, machining, etc.) Not only that, but in design terms some of the designs can overlap.... but that all depends on how big of a machine one wants to build. Typically the power hammers need to be bigger than a Reciprocating machine just because they are used for full panel shaping... where as the Recip. is more for edging etc.

Anyways when my machine is up and running I will post the build in a separate thread.... Hopefully in another weeks time I will be done with the main stuff.... ( I had to wait for some misc. bearings, etc... to be shipped.)

Success is never easy.

Last edited by HappyGoLucky; 08-19-2018 at 06:35 PM.