View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hamilton View Post
I agree with all of the above!
I have bi focal glasses, and discovered that when looking through the helmet I was not able to look down through the reading (magnification) part of the lens.

After talking to the eye doctor, he suggested a special pair of glasses that have the reading prescription for the complete lens.
Is also have correction for stigmatizing included in them.

I use a 2.0 magnifier in the helmet and the new special glasses, it’s now like big screen TV!

The negative is that there is a set focal length. If the helmet is too close or far away from the puddle, the focus is gone.
I find it is much easier to weld when you can clearly see the puddle, not just a blue glow!!!!

If you don’t wear glasses buy some cheap readers and a magnifier lens for the helmet. Less than $10.00

Buy a new cover glass (plastic) for the outside of the helmet. If it is scratched the light is scattered like a bunch of prizes.

Hope this helps!

Steve
Steve
I discovered the prescription reader answer while taking a TIG class at the community college, but I wasted three weeks of the class before I figured it out. I talked about it before, but you describe it much better. My situation might have been even worse because I have tri-focals. I can't imagine how confusing veri-lenses would be. I also use a magnifier in the helmet. AND a light on the hemet.

Last edited by norson; 02-20-2019 at 03:12 PM.