View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 06:17 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Tommasini View Post
Joel
What I have done in the past is to buy a proper scale model about 1/18 of the same car, then get it scale up to size by computer program ( all you need to know is the real wheels base sizes) this will cut all profiles , and then... if the buck is to expensive simply buy the profiles only, use sweeps to do the rest
As far as the front window ...I think by memory a Corvette front window is close ,if not..... most American cars of the 60's/ 70's will do, simply by getting them cut to size, grill and bars can be made also, I think that the tail lights would be hard to find now days, seats frames can be modified from others European cars of that era, the chassis can also be made by ''cut and shut''other chassis that are similar......BIG JOB!!!! ( About 5000+ hours) ask me how I know.... in the past I have built a similar project from (''bits and pieces from any types of cars'')
Peter
PS back then I used a Jaguar XK 140 engine gear box and diff and floor pan...........
I just checked out the windshield on a C4 Corvette (1995 model) and it looks promising. It doesn't have quite as much curve around the bottom edge as the Miura but it's pretty close on overall shape. I saw somewhere else where someone compared the overall silhouette between a Miura and C4 Corvette and they are very similar. So this is my leading candidate windshield for now. Next step is to figure out how to up size the cars dimensions so I'll fit inside and see if the C4 windshield height and width will work.

A quick price check and it appears the C4 windshield sells for about $200. That price has one less zero in it from a Miura windshield so that's more in the ballpark.