View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 08:10 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Getting closer and closer. Moving a few things in the shop and cleaning up the yard and fixing the goat fences so that we don't have to share any of Jimmy Matthews cooking with them. Several guys have already stopped by to drop off door prizes, including both Mike Yurko and Andrew Slater. (Killer 'stuff') You will be very impressed with what you are going to see for door prizes this year.

I have not been able to tell anyone 'no', so there is more than likely be an all-time high in attendance. I am looking forward to a really good time. Many regulars are expected to attend and a lot of new acquaintances are expected. We have particularly missed Kerry and Monique, but was disappointed to learn that they will 'be on the road for the month of April'.

Issues with the Humvee, the Model a Tudor and the speedster are being worked but have slowed progress to some degree. We will have two gas welding set up's, done in a manner that favors Kent Whites approach to gas welding aluminum, four wheeling machines several powered shrinkers and stretchers, two of the "Shrink Positive' machines designed by Sprint car builder and racer Carl Adams, and at least one of Ben's MecHammer's.

I am expecting another large choice of tools for the tool exchange and have heard of some really cool 'stuff' being made. It is my favorite part of the Redneck Roundup. I will also be having a few tables set up for a swap meet. I would like for those items to me the smaller variety like tools and smaller items as the tables are the plastic folding variety. I would prefer not to have any heavy items, as the tables may have to be moved if attendance gets large, and we need the work space.

Chris: I believe I will be able to have a stump for you.

P.S. If any one has some .030" or so copper to make flowers, we can use some of that. If anyone has any extra 1/4", 5/16" and 3/8" lock washers, I could use a few assortments to update my bolt and nut supply. I have pretty good supply of sheet metal and aluminum, but if anyone has some smaller (2ft x 4ft, or so, pieces of #19 gage steel or .060" 3003 aluminum feel free to bring a few smaller pieces for some of the smaller projects. I'm not in a pinch and should have plenty, but not sure about how many folks are going to be here.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 03-17-2018 at 08:20 PM.