Thread: hello From TN!
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 06:07 AM

Default hello From TN!

hey everyone
My name is Lee. Living in Middle Tennessee. Like a lot of you, I was exposed to the world of hotrods and muscle cars at a young age. My pops, and then my older brother, always had some kind of car they were tinkering around on.
It was those early years that I developed a real love for not only classic automobiles but all things mechanical. When I was 9 I started racing BMX. This really was my first exposure to hands on mechanical work and setup. I continued racing for another 7 years until high school, guitars and beer came along.
In high school I worked for a local auto body shop and for the next 3 years learned a few things about welding and metal prep.
After college my hobbies had to take a back seat while I worked hard to get a career going. About 10 years ago, after taking a few driving courses, I started road racing. That snowballed quickly and before I knew it I had a race shop, engine business and a National Championship win. My exposure to the racing world has really refined my love and appreciation for good design and engineering.
I've been building my dream hobby shop for the past year or so and have been getting some of the tools I need to really dig in to some fabrication, restoration and modification. I know some of my experience will help guide me along the way but there is soooooo much to learn and a place like this site, filled with super talented, smart folks that are really doing it, seems like a great place to hang out.

anyway...ramble ramble ramble. Lets go make some stuff!

best,
Lee