View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 01:46 PM

Default Greetings from Omaha

Hello, everyone!

I'm just a guy from Omaha who likes making stuff. My most recent project was building a retaining wall in my back yard:

The one before that was this bobber style motorcycle that I built last year:

Before that was gutting and remodeling the first floor of my house:

That's pretty much how it works. I do a big project on the house to keep my wife happy, then do the project that I want to do next.

I've been an avid motorcyclist for decades, and that gets to my current idea for my next project: I want to get an old bike, and then build a sidecar rig to put on it. More particularly, I want to do all the fabrication of the body of the side car myself. I figure it would be better (safer, mostly) to buy the frame and mounting hardware from some company that actually knows what they are doing.

I've spent the last few months watching a zillion YouTube videos from Corvell, Lazze, Runge and the like. Love watching those guys work.

I figure everyone has to start somewhere, so I've got a set of bossing mallets and a leather bag on order. I've got a TIG welder. Other than that, I don't have much more than a desire to learn the craft and hopefully end up with something I will be proud to say I built.

Anyway, that's my story, such as it is. Thanks for the add! I look forward to learning from everyone here!