View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 09:08 PM

I spent some time in the shop the other day just looking and planning. With the new outer rocker I needed to figure out how I was going to replace it without disturbing the A pillar and, especially, the door alignment. I figured the best thing to do is to get the floor installed. At least get it to the point that it can be screwed in solid. The last couple of nights were spent removing the old floor and getting the inner rocker rot cleaned out.

Cleaning the rot of the rocker. There was not a lot of "finesse" used when these repairs were done... This would be embarrassing if I had done it...

The long center floor brace was attached to nothing. The metal that was in here was not welded to the brace...

This is "some" of the junk I have removed from the rocker. I still have to clean out the back, at the rear floor brace and wheel well but I ran out of steam tonight...

The new rocker came in today and it looks great! This will work much better then trying to patch and straighten that 64 year metal. Hopefully I can splice it in where that rats nest pictured above is at.

Next on the list is to finish cleaning out the rocker and getting the wire channel flange cleaned up to except the new floor.
Thanks for looking!
Mark