View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 06:07 AM

Thanks Kerry!!! My metal shaping skills are at best considered a work in progress, but I feel really lucky to have the opportunity to build in the masters shop and get his advice whenever he walks by--so there is some hope!!!

Thanks Bill! I too love the Atlantic. This is definitely going to be a hot rodded, badass version of the Atlantic, so taking some liberties--the chassis design is to effectively channel the body to bring the height down. Widened the body four inches, relaxed the slope of the windshield all to fit my aesthetic version. I've been worried, dreaming, thinking about the door jams for weeks and how am I going to get that 3/4" tube to sit right with all those compound turns. I have a few solid weekends left on the chassis as far as I want to take it right now (planning on saving most tabs, hangers mounts, footboxes, etc till later) and then will hit the substructure -- so running out of time for an epiphany.

Steve, can't wait!! Always welcome. Just shoot me a text ahead of time to make sure its not one of those weekends I've gone to visit one of my kids

Ira

Scratch Building Bugatti Atlantic 57SC with BMW S65