View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pinkerton View Post
Are you going to build the structure to fit the skins you are making now?

The reason I ask is because the inner structure was one of the most difficult parts of my roadster and not having a good structure that acted like a buck made it very difficult to weld the sub panels in proper arrangement. It cost me a lot of time because I wanted to shape the metal NOW and I'd worry about those pesky details later. My flexible shape patterns fit great but because I did not have the sub panels in perfect arrangement relative to each other, the combined panels were wrong. Bit me in the butt several times.

I swore that on my next car, I'd be sure and have a symmetrical buck with enough detail and structure that I'd be sure I could get the subpanels in proper arrangement before tacking together.

You're working with Wray and I know he has a plan for how you will build this. I'm just wondering what it is.

Kerry, Wray recently picked up a scanner and cnc router, says lwe'll scan this side's panels and use that info for the structure and the other side. Will likely build the structure before we do the other sides panels, but he's definitely the master!! Ira

Scratch Building Bugatti Atlantic 57SC with BMW S65