View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 09:49 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec . 2016, Sept 2019 Metal Shaper Of The Year 2021

Next I removed the old rocker panel. Daaayum! There were spot welds every inch. Every half inch on the ends! I started thinking during the hour that it took to drill them out; it's highly likely that who ever was doing the welding on this car was probably building WWII bombers just a couple years prior to this. It's also probable that that person might have been a woman. Women were doing most of the industrial jobs during the war and developed some skills that would have carried over after the war. Who knows? This car was a Series 62. I noticed that there are a bunch of small holes drilled in the old rocker that appear to be for mounting a trim strip. Any of you Caddy guys know if the stock Series 62 had a trim strip down here?Name:  33.jpg
Views: 4941
Size:  80.0 KB
Anyway, after the panel was off, the inner rocker looks to be in good shape (For 66 years old). I'll clean it up some and coat it with Chassis Saver before installing the outer panel. I'll have to make an extension for the inner rocker to mate to the longer new outer panel. Name:  32.jpg
Views: 4418
Size:  81.6 KB

Set a Goal So Big That You Can't Achieve It Until You Grow Into The Person That Can.

Last edited by Jack 1957; 09-02-2015 at 09:56 PM.