View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 05:51 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Default Thanks for the help

George: Thanks for the link. I did look at that site, but nothing listed for my brand machine.

Bob: That was a cool link, thanks. Nothing about my machine, but a lot about testing was learned there. They actually have a sheet metal oriented machine listed. I am going to be in Michigan next month and will probably stop and talk to them about it.

Michael: I looked at both links, thanks. I printed the picture and it was of some help in understanding the relationship of the components. Reading the replies to your post on the machinists sight also added some insight.

Cary: I have done that as well, including a trip thru YouTube where I got some more info, but it did not turn out.

Phil: I checked out both links, and printed the patent drawing. The Wilson info was particularly helpful. Things are getting clearer now.

I stopped by the last place of my employment and got a free instructional on how a calibrated hardness tester works. Along with the info you guys have helped me with, I think I am on my way to being able to use this tool. THANKS!