View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 01:32 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec . 2016, Sept 2019 Metal Shaper Of The Year 2021

I bought a donor car last week out of Austin TX. It's on its way here to the frozen tundra and I'm expecting it sometime in the next couple days. I've been scrambling around trying to finish up some loose ends and get as much sheet metal covered as I can before it gets here so I haven't had time to mess with too many pictures or posts. My space is very limited so I'll have to stop what I'm doing and start transferring the major components onto the 49 first. Completely out of sequence but I have no choice.
I had all trim pieces made except for the left front fender piece that goes from the grill and wraps around the fender to the wheel opening so I got on that first.
Same as the other side, alternating between heating small areas and shrinking.

Name:  1056.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  61.8 KB

Name:  1057.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  61.1 KB

Name:  1058.jpg
Views: 1172
Size:  66.2 KB

Next, I want to use chrome bullet shaped mirrors like what's on the rendering. I'm not sure I can fit the guts of the factory mirrors into the smaller housings that I have but I'll get the perches made and see how that goes. First I want to put some reinforcement plates under the area where the mirrors will bolt on. I just used some 18ga and bent it to match the shape of the skin in that area, then drilled and plug welded them in.

Name:  1059.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  1060.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  63.3 KB

Set a Goal So Big That You Can't Achieve It Until You Grow Into The Person That Can.