View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 09:36 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec . 2016, Sept 2019 Metal Shaper Of The Year 2021

Next, I need to get the car setting on the suspension so I can start aligning the panels and get the bodywork done. I started finishing up a few things on the suspension so I can set it down. First I had to install front shocks. Since I removed the factory shock springs to replace them with air bags, I need to use some standard shocks. These are "Hot Rod" shocks that would usually be used on a straight axle car. Double eye mount, 9" long collapsed, 14" fully extended. I had to drill and tap a hole in the lower control arm for the lower stud and make some tabs for the upper perch and weld them in. I have the left side done. Right side tomorrow.
The rear suspension is complete but I want to go over everything and make sure all the fasteners are tightened down. Also, I have to wire up that air suspension compressors and switching system then find a used battery. I don't want to buy the good battery until I'm ready to run the systems and start the car. That will be after the car is painted. I need to get paint on this before the weather gets bad so I'm not transporting parts in the snow. Sooooo much to do.

Name:  1659.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  29.7 KB

Set a Goal So Big That You Can't Achieve It Until You Grow Into The Person That Can.