View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 07:57 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec . 2016, Sept 2019 Metal Shaper Of The Year 2021

I cut away the sheet metal on the right rear to get access for that shock mount. I made the right shock mounting bracket from 1/8" plate using the templates from the left side and welded it to the C notch on the frame.

Name:  1189.jpg
Views: 1635
Size:  41.5 KB

Next, I used the templates from the left side closure panels (flipped over) and installed them on the right side. When the upper shock plate is bolted in, it will tighten down on the bracket and the closure which will function like a rigid body/frame mount. These C notches are pretty tall and they tend to make the rear half of the frame less rigid. Along with this shock mount/body mount I will also add a cross brace at the rear corners of the C notch to help eliminate sway or flexing on the back half of the frame. I won't be able to add the cross brace until I drop the rear suspension out. There's still a few things left to do before I do that. I need to finish off the trunk floor and make the air bag mounts first.

Name:  1190.jpg
Views: 1492
Size:  56.3 KB

Finally, I finished off the interior portion and put seam sealer over all my seams.

Name:  1191.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  55.5 KB

Set a Goal So Big That You Can't Achieve It Until You Grow Into The Person That Can.