View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 01:01 PM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2018, August 2021,November 2023

Attached are a couple pictures of a "mock up" boxside that I carved out of foam in hopes of what I envisioned to do (this was at the start of the project) I always felt the original stepside box and the almost "trailer" type rear fenders did not fit the style of the front half of the truck at all.

Name:  96.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  73.3 KB

Initially, I added a lower body style line that would have flowed with a somewhat hidden running board below the door. As I mentioned, I later removed the running board idea completely and extended the door down instead.

I don't know if I would have still done the lower body line (which I like) and eventually maybe added a "faux" body line on the bottom of the door and into the front fender opening or just removed it and had the bottom of the box without a body line like I initially did the doors?!?

Name:  99.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  75.3 KB

Name:  101.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  74.9 KB

This is a very quick and crude sketch I did at the start (before carving the foam box) it helped give an idea of what I thought might look good.

Name:  Dodge box very rough sketch.jpg
Views: 1073
Size:  77.5 KB

Here is a picture of the rolling chassis

Name:  111.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  75.4 KB

Name:  112.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  73.9 KB

This is a picture trying to help show the fender to cab jamb separation seam that I came up with. All flush and hidden mounting.

Name:  253.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  76.8 KB

I'm not sure if I added this pic earlier in the thread, but I just like the looks of the project here!

Name:  314.jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  74.8 KB

Dane