View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 03:03 PM

^^^I was playing around wanting to make some dies for a press brake. Just a peice of pipe and some C channel and I was able to make this curved bend. It's real close to the contour I would need for the cargo panel pictured above.
I decided that my press had to much play side to side and front to back so I built some new guides out of some UHMW to tighten it up a bit.

Then I started making a die for the press brake for 90° bends.

^^^Here's a couple practice bends I made in some scrap 16 ga. I need to finish welding up the 90° die and paint it, then I'm going to build another one using the round pipe in the above pic for curved bends.

I still need to build a stand for my Woodward Fab beadroller. I want to make some improvements to it like others have which would include: reinforcing the frame to make it more ridgid, adding a wheel to replace the crank handle, and adding a spring to raise the upper die when it is loosened. Eventually I want to add a motor and foot pedal to it.
Thanks for checking in...

■Edit: I replaced the self tapping screws I used to hold the uhmw guides they were a little to short and I had one guide loosen up. Instead I drilled and tapped the holes for 1/4" - 20×1-1/4" bolts.

"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently" -Henry Ford

Last edited by Eddie_71'; 04-10-2017 at 03:15 PM.