View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 03:19 PM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2018, August 2021,November 2023

Thanks for all the compliments, I’m glad to hear everyone is thinking it’s headed on the right track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pinkerton View Post
Dude, has anyone told you that you are a master of understatement. That is as nice as anything I've ever seen. Period.
That honestly made me laugh out loud!ha. In all honesty I’m always overly critical of my work and always strive for it to be done better, faster and easier. Also the pictures have a hard time showing the remaining imperfections that the hand and eyes can feel / see in person. I’m happy with it for now, but will certainly go back and refine the remaining metalwork before any bodywork and priming starts (way down the road!)

Sumtu,

Luckily the header structure is strong and basically helped hold the edge shape very nicely. Very minimally I was able to slide a thin body spoon back and planish against it in a few spots. Also being in the collision industry I have a dent puller (sort of like a stud gun, but not really) that I was able to pull up a few low spots and finished with the shrinking disc.

Dane