Thread: eye safety
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 09:37 AM

On Thursday I had a little irritation in my one eye (blind in the other) Friday I knew I had some trash in it an dbought that eyewash in a cup thingy, it helped. By Saturday I knew I needed to see the doctor, he looked in it and found metal in my cornea and removed it with a needle. The metal had started to rust so he drilled that bit out and packed the hole with some special membrane (Ovarian?) to promote growth and healing. He capped it with a lense similar to a contact lense and I am waiting now to go back so he can check on the progress (at 11:30 Sunday morning).
I can barely see right now, the keyboard is just a blurr so if something is spelled odd, it just the way it is. My distance vision is getting better, the killer was bright light and today is overcast so I can drive. Yesterday was horrible, I barely made it home and I was only a couple blocks from the doctors' office.
I really believe I'll get better and the first thing I'm buying is a magnified set of goggles. I've learned my lesson.