Thread: Photo size
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivejunk View Post
I used to do something very similar. No longer use a camera or have a PC though. This rule if thats what it is, pretty much counts me out. Its not that all this can't be done with a phone, its the additional time and memory required, and detail lost, that kills resizing for this member. Not problematic for some other forums. Many PC users will find that by holding the Ctrl key and pressing + or - any page can be easily adjusted in size.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Mr Hamilton. I will stop posting pictures.
Matt, your post concerns me. It is, unfortunately imo, a sign of the times. You've been a member here for over a year and have apparently benefited from your reading and interaction with the community. However, you apparently can't be bothered to take a few seconds and support the group. It's all about you right? Never mind that your post might help someone else or that you might benefit because someone else took the time to document their project or answer a question.

You, and perhaps others, need to understand a couple things. You may have noticed that there are NO pop up ads, no targeted banner ads, no membership fees, etc. The reason is that there are 6 guys who do 100% of the funding and administrative work to keep AllMetalShaping going out of our own pockets. If folks start posting 2gb photos because it's easier for them, not only does it make it more difficult for most members to read, it increases the cost out of our pockets because of increased storage costs. We don't sell your information. We don't allow anyone to spam the site. We are not Facebook or Instagram. Steve Hamilton, who you just disrespected, is one of the guys that makes this place work.

Yeah, it takes a bit of time to be involved. If that is too burdensome, feel free to stop posting.