View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 12:26 PM
MetalShaper of the Month
May 2009, Jan 2012, Dec 2014

Default Oxygen and acetylene welding- Equipment and use

Oxygen and acetylene welding- Equipment and use.

I have seen a lot of questions about Oxy- Acetylene welding and I have several PMs asking me questions about equipment and settings so I thought I would make a thread explaining the equipment, setting up and use of Oxygen and Acetylene welding equipment. I will try to include some safety tips but I take no responsibility for any damages or injury resulting from the use of any information here.

Some things may be subjective based on my experience but I will back up what I show where possible with Data from various sources.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation and confusion about torches, guages, settings and other related subjects. I am in the UK but other than nozzle (tip) sizes everything should be pretty much universal.

While I don't claim to be an expert on all things gas welding I got my first welding qualification forty years ago, I have welded almost constantly since and have taught many people to weld both as a lecturer at Colchester institute and in my workshop.

I am sure there are plenty of people with just as much experience of gas welding as me on this board but this is intended for those who are new to gas welding, those with little experience or those who want to set up for the first time. I may even learn new things as I gather information to post!

I aim to put usefull information in one place for users of this board.

David

All things are possible.

Last edited by David Gardiner; 06-24-2014 at 02:27 PM.