View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 01:17 PM

I bought the Meco Midget torch and love its lightweight feel, but found that it gets too hot in the handle after protracted welding, which makes me think it's working near its maximum limit? Admittedly, had I had unlimited funds, and bought the extended neck piece as suggested, this problem would have probably not occurred...

As shown in the pic, I chanced upon a small Harris torch on special in my welding supplier (+$ 118.00 in my currency) and after fitting a set of lightweight gas lines, us it as my torch of preference. Welding with the extra "weight" in hand (as compared to the Meco) presents no real fatigue challenges that makes me wish it were lighter, or that I should perhaps get that extended neck for the Meco. I also got a rose bud heating nozzle which I use often to anneal work hardened metal etc etc.

torch 1.jpg

torch box 1.jpg

I guess, though, that it's all subjective and open to differing personal opinions, but IMO, don't think that owning a micro torch will really be a better option to one that's a tad larger. Lightweight hoses, however, are absolutely necessary and lessen the tendency to "fight the torch" when working as regular gas lines weigh a ton!

Remember that the best of men, are only men at best.

Last edited by Steve Hamilton; 10-10-2018 at 09:22 PM.