View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 09:12 AM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2018, August 2021,November 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave powell View Post
What type of foam do you use looks like you get a nice finish with it.
That is just regular sheet type styro-foam insulation. Not the easiest to sculpt, but it can work. If you grind on it it wants to “melt” and harden, if you sand on it sometimes it wants to “peel” of some of the surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep
That bed is what should have been factory in the first place. Suits the cab perfectly.
. Thank you, it certainly matches the front way better than the original box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Davies
I don’t know how I missed this thread but what a great build and a real shame you didn’t get to finish it. I have to say though, I’m as intrigued by the table it’s being built on as the pickup itself. Was it home built or a commercially manufactured one? I’d definitely like to find out a bit more about it.
Thank you for enjoying the build. The “build table” is more of a crossover item from our collision repair days. It’s an old commercial frame rack / straightening table. It big, flat, strong and level so it was a perfect fit for using as a table to build projects on. It can get a bit tricky at times to work under the vehicle (the rack raised up about 3’ also, but has several crossbars as well as the hydraulic rams to lift it)

I see it everyday, but can’t think of the brand right now. I’ll try to remember when I’m there on Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy
Fantastic stuff.

I was thinking to make a smooth firewall for my project, but after seeing this, I've changed my mind.
Thanks. I have to agree, while a smooth / clean firewall is a huge visual upgrade, adding some beadwork or dimension to a panel will really make it “pop” and look a lot more fabricated in the end.

Dane