View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Meet Hosts

Default Michigan Metalshapers Gathering 2018

Well its time to announce the Michigan Metalshapers Gathering for 2018. This is the 8th time I have hosted this and it continues to get better each year. Last year we had some students from a local art school come and I think there eyes where really opened up to what can be done with some very basic tools and techniques. We have always had a good mix of novice and experienced shapers attend. This year the dates are April 27+28. That is a Friday and Saturday. We will start at 9AM and go to roughly 6PM. The first day we will cover some more basic metalshaping tools and tricks. Saturday we will explore some more advanced techniques and play with some of the bigger tools. We will have a nice lunch available mid-day for a donation. As always I encourage people to bring some small project of theirs as these always trigger some great discussion and help everyone see something new. If you have never been to one of these events, I can tell you it's pretty informal. We don't really have a set agenda. I like to let the group decide on what they want to explore. I encourage hands on metalshaping and try not to let it be all about the "tools". If you are considering the purchase of a new tool this is a great way to see if it's really something you need. The cost is the same as last year. $40 per person per day. We will try to cut it off at 24 people per day max. Please register by calling Andy at 269-948-9474 9-5 M-F. Or mail me a note at 5625 Upton Rd Hastings Mi. 49058. If you have any questions you can also call the number above. I know we have a lot of new members on this site in the past year. I hope some of you will consider this event.