Thread: Stumps?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 05:41 PM

Default Stumps?

I took a walk to see how bad some friends got hit down the dirt road across the street. There was enough cut up oak stumps to supply a bunch of metalshapers. Most two foot diameter and some 3-4 foot or more. I might even gather up a few. I can always burn them in my fireplace or mount some tuckpucks on them. The biggest one is less than 100 yards away. It spent a couple of days blocking the street. Then a few hundred feet another one and on and on. Fortunately none in my yard. Sad to see these big oaks come down. Some snapped and some just blown over.
Anyone in need of a stump within driving distance?
The power crews just left and I finally have electricity that didn't come from my stinky diesel generator. Most of the crews are from Kentucky and Ohio and a lot of locals. I met some really nice folks working these lines. My pole out front snapped a day after the hurricane just from line tension on one side only. They really threw some resources into restoring power on my street. Bucket trucks and pickups everywhere. "Three phase lines are king" is what the foreman told me. Other folks will have a wait before getting power.
I got to meet some neighbors up the street, so that was a really positive outcome. Anyway, seriously , if you need a fresh oak stump and are in driving distance of north of Ocala,FL, I know some that are readily available. Of course if you are in driving distance you may already have a fresh source of your own.

TuckPuck® Metal Shaping Tools
www.tuckpuck.com