View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 06:51 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Default Seeking help in understanding the new TinManTec Acetylene filter

Kent White was very kind in sending two acetylene filters, along with one of his Mecco torches, for our use as door prizes during the recent Redneck Roundup. The Mecco torch was in constant use, along with the one that I had purchased from Kent a couple of years ago, by 10-12 guys, all interested in how well the torch was seemingly able to make them more capable in gas welding aluminum. I had told Kent that I would review those new acetylene filters, but did not fully understand what to look for and I was very busy during the Roundup and was not able to keep a sharp eye out as what to look for. We kept switching use of the torch with and without the acetylene filter with varying degrees of opinions as to the results. I we kept looking for changes in weld appearance at the back side of the weld and opinions varied as to the results.

I am hoping to get feedback photos from others (Kent?) to better understand the quality, or lack of, in the acetylene that my supplier is providing.

Also:Kent, would you provide a list of the tips currently available for the Mecco torch and advise the one you would recommend for use on .060" #3003 aluminum? Thanks!

Last edited by RockHillWill; 04-18-2017 at 06:54 AM.