View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 10:15 AM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro69 View Post
Thank you everyone for your kind words.
Richard, Marty & Dennis, I wish I had taken some pics along the way but I didn't expect to post this project. I have a couple but they don't really show too much except some hammer blows when I started blocking in the main detail below the tail light cut outs.
As for the the processes, tools used, nothing exotic, e wheel to put a bit of shape and the rest done with hammer, dolly's, flippers and reshaped wood chiesel to chase in some detail. If anyone wants more detail, happy to provide, just let me know.
As for how long it took to get to this stage, I honestly don't know. I deliberately didn't take note as I didn't want to place that pressure on myself. But I think I spent much more time thinking about how to make it than the actual process. I've made this panel about 50 times in my head. I want to make another so I will definitely document the process.
Kent , thanks, I just found your book on stumps, slappers, spoon & spike (which I thought I lost) and was looking through it the other day. Great reference material!
Peter, thank you for your encouragement, I took a lot away from your course last year.
I also went back to your dvd,s several times when I became a bit lost, especially the Monaro 1/4 series. Wish I could pick your brain on how to finish this thing off. That's what I seem to struggle with.
Sorry about the long winded reply.
Peter
it pleased me that you learn so quickly that panel that you made is really good considering been you first panel, keep it going.. and yes do another panel just like it, you will be surprise how much better and quicker the next one will be. As I said to you at the class practice makes perfect
Peter

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM