View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Tommasini View Post
Bill
As a suggestion I think you would be better off making the full guard first ...then simply turn down the flange for the headlight
this is how I would do this
(1) make the full return going towards the bonnet and the front panel then make the center top of the guard ..... make top of the guard all the way around to where the crown start to flatten off
(2) make the side (including swage) then use your buck to put it all together cut and weld
(3) anneal the ally, brake the headlight flange by hand turn it and shrink it as you go ,once you nearly there, insert a round piece of wood in the right position anneal the ally again and turn it completely over, once that is done use another piece of wood (or steel) and screw the two together with four bolts (just away from the flange) one in front and one at the back then with a slapper adjust the roundness of the pod
Peter
PS if you like......... and ''if'' the ally starts to gets a bit thin on the very tight return between the guard and the front panel (beside the headlight bucket)..... well that can be done as a separate piece and weld that in
Yeah Pete, thats pretty much how I would do it too ................

Cheers John