View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 03:00 PM

Default caddy roadster (not what you may be thinking)

I teach at a high school tech center
We have currently started a project that will require a good bit of sheet metal fab. I have used this sight before showing students in my collision repair class ideas on shaping and creating patch panels.
We recently finished a cool project that got us grant money that we purchased some basic sheet metal forming tools. We now have a hand shrinker/stretcher, bench shear, shot bag with mallets, throatless shear, bead roller, tubing bender and notcher. We also have access to our HVAC shops stomp shear and 6 foot finger brake. I plan on covering basic sheetmetal techniques with my seniors.
Our current project is a Ed Roth inspired caddy roadster. I recently obtained a roached 1964 caddy from our local scrap yard. Our plan is to blend the front fenders with the rear QTRs to form a unique roadster body. The fab work will include a integrated chassis/body structure and custom interior and roof. It will be a finished painted car. (hopefully)
Here is a picture of the drawing of what we plan to build along with some initial mock up photos

Name:  caddy.jpg
Views: 2448
Size:  76.6 KB

Name:  photo (5).jpg
Views: 2338
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  photo 4 (2).jpg
Views: 2305
Size:  82.7 KB

Name:  photo (7).jpg
Views: 2367
Size:  83.6 KB

Last edited by AWM; 12-04-2017 at 03:09 PM.