View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 08:27 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec . 2016, Sept 2019 Metal Shaper Of The Year 2021

I thought at first that this V6 would look puny in this cavernous engine bay, but as I started putting in the various systems it's looking more and more like a typical swap; never enough room.
I got the master cylinder plumbed and started with the A/C lines. The lines from the evaporator and compressor are in. I can't finish the A/C till the condenser gets here. Probably early next week.

Name:  1288.jpg
Views: 1802
Size:  32.4 KB

That's the lower half of the fuse box setting on the cabin air intake plenum. It will be mounted just forward of the plenum so I needed to alter the harness and extend a few wires since the box will be mounted about 8" further back than the original location on the CTS. I need to get a roll of 8 gage wire in the morning for one of the wires in this harness, then I can close it up.

Name:  1289.jpg
Views: 1785
Size:  57.8 KB

Moving along, I got the trans cooler and P/S cooler mounted and plumbed. The transmission and P/S systems are finished. All the brake lines are installed and the ABS manifold is plumbed. Fuel lines are in from the engine back to the vapor recovery canister and back to the gas tank area. I still have work to do in the front. There's a lot happening in a small place. Once I have everyhing plumbed and wired I'll start tying everything down and making it look a little cleaner.The gas tank will be next. I can't use the CTS gas tank because of size and shape so I got an 18 gallon tank for a 68 Camaro. The dimensions are perfect but I need to do a lot of modifying to get the fuel pump, sending unit, and vapor recovery system to fit and work properly.

Name:  1290.jpg
Views: 1836
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  1291.jpg
Views: 1739
Size:  52.8 KB

Set a Goal So Big That You Can't Achieve It Until You Grow Into The Person That Can.

Last edited by Jack 1957; 09-19-2018 at 08:48 PM.