Thread: C5 gto
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 07:28 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
Very nice. They really do clean it up.

I am, curious though, how you get them set into place. Do you need to disconnect everything that's in the way?
The answer is pretty much, Yes.

For the passenger side, it's just the spark plug wires that need to be disconnected, so that's not too bad. For the drivers side, it's the spark plug wires, fuel hose, intercooler pipe, oil filler cap, and the brake fluid reservoir closest to the engine needs it's mounting bolts removed so it can shift to the side a bit. Needless to say, I hope to not have to remove the drivers side cover very often at all

I'm still trying to decide what the final finish should be. My original plan was to paint them with red wrinkle paint. I've had some feedback that some people think they'll look better in polished aluminum with the Ferrari script painted red. I'm starting to warm up the the idea for the polished finish now that I see them in place. Also, it will likely be easier to clean the covers with a polished finish versus paint. Given the pain to remove the drivers side cover, ease of cleaning will be important.

What's your opinion? Polished or paint?