View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 12:54 PM

Kent, that is encouraging. Thanks for your continuing efforts!

I don't know about other people but to me that money has been gone for a year or two (or is it longer now?) and the portion for the outstanding books/DVD doesn't concern me much. If they give some reasonable-sounding assurances that the remaining books will some day show up at my door in the not too distant future, especially if they also extend the customers the courtesy of a brief quarterly update on their progress in getting the books out, I'm happy to wait for the books. I don't want a refund, I want the books because I'm sure there will be lots more very interesting material in them that I want to read.

I suspect that the biggest gripe people have is not knowing what is happening. Dead-silence or responses that sound evasive (even if they aren't meant that way) tend to trigger alarm bells since those are common tactics used by scammers.

In this modern age it should take only minutes to blast out an update email to all the people who sent money to Tim. If they are having issues that are slowing things down, just let me know and my concerns are damped down for several more months. I think Tim sent out a few "things are being delayed" emails so they should have the distribution list sitting in a computer ready to send out an update.

If I order something through Amazon it seems like every time I look at my email there's some sort of update -- you placed an order, the order is being processed, the item is ready to ship, the item has shipped and here's the tracking info, did you receive the item and are you happy with it? etc etc. A brief note every 8-12 weeks would probably keep everyone reasonably happy and sending it should have a minimal impact on Tim's family.

cheers,
Michael