View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 01:01 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2018

Post Mounting Miura Pedal Assembly

While the Ferrari GTO was out getting the headliner installed, I had the chance to work on the Miura a bit. I had purchased the brake/throttle pedal assembly prior and now I wanted to get it mounted in the chassis. I had first gone down the path of using a pedal assembly where the pedals hang down and master cylinders are mounted up top. I found the clearances were just too tight with the cowl and steering column to make it work as I wanted it too.

So I switched directions to using a floor mounted pedal assembly that uses master cylinders with remote reservoirs. This way, I could make the pedal assembly adjustable for tall people like me or for people with normal length legs. The remote reservoirs are needed as the master cylinders are located below the plane of the brake calipers and the reservoirs need to be placed above the plane of the calipers to prevent unwanted fluid drain back.

I mounted the pedal assembly to a ¼” thick aluminum plate. For adjustment, a series of holes spaced ¾” apart were drilled in the plate. The pedals now have 3 ¼” of adjustment by unfastening, moving, and re-fastening the 4 bolts that secure the plate.

Pedal assembly as viewed from above.

As viewed from driver’s seat.

As advertised by Charley Stickland, his chassis does have lots of leg room. With the pedals now mounted in place, my long legged, 6’5” body fits well with plenty of legroom!