View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 10:06 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec . 2016, Sept 2019 Metal Shaper Of The Year 2021

I started doing the work on the front of the quarters at the door jambs. If you look at the Photoshop picture on page 1 you can see that the A Pillar has a slight rake forward. That means the side window run channel is at an angle and as the windows roll down they will move toward the rear of the car. The original door edge was straight vertical and the original rear run channel was at the very back of the door. the rear edge of the door needs to curve forward so the rear run channel can be installed at an angle matching the front one.

I started making the outer sheet metal extensions and tacked them in so I could get a look at them before I commit to changing the whole inner jamb and door frame. It looks like I have enough room to get the right angle on the run channels so I'm going to go ahead and finish the jamb next.

I had to get this done because I won't be making a wooden station for this area in front. I will be making an inner reinforcement panel that will box in this whole forward area of the rear deck. The lift off Carson top will mount to this area and it also has to add rigidity to the front of the quarters since the strength that the B pillars added won't be there anymore. For now, the inner reinforcement panel will serve as the front station for the outer panel.

Name:  154.jpg
Views: 1769
Size:  72.3 KB

Name:  155.jpg
Views: 1743
Size:  68.5 KB

Name:  156.jpg
Views: 1821
Size:  55.8 KB

Set a Goal So Big That You Can't Achieve It Until You Grow Into The Person That Can.