View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack 1957 View Post
You're not jumping that far ahead, Greg. That's the next step after the rockers are done. I really, REALLY don't want to go to suicide doors but I might have to. The way these doors open is similar to how yours open on the 55. They swing outward. Outside the fender. The hinges are already pretty long as is and the pivot point of the hinge has to be ahead of the leading edge of the door. Didn't you say once that you use CAD or a similar design program? Maybe you can help me figure this out. I'm not going to move the cowl. That would throw off a lot of the proportioning that I spent so much time on. If you look at the Photoshop rendering on page 1 you can see that although the wrap around windshield comes back into the door area, the front face of the windshield is in the original location.
Cool, sounds simpler than what I was thinking. You are correct, would be quite simple to lay it out in Catia. I just need some pics and pretty basic dimensions. When finished I can make a short video and take some screen shots to insure we are on the same page. Let me know.

Last edited by Newstalgia1; 09-21-2015 at 06:07 PM.