View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
that is correct cause you have no gap and adding material
welding mig u need a gap 1 mm that way there is place for the welding material, i tack every inch or more with 1 mm gap then make a few but welds in one pass and then grind then repeat the process

i find grinding before everything cooles the metal is not restricted to shrink back to the original place if you dont grind emediatly the weld holds back the process because it is much thikker then the sheet
Thanx so much. All this info is very cool and challenges me to take what i can and apply it to what i allready know. I have read of this way before and i gave i wrote it off as overthing it and taking to much time. But, i will give it a shot and see how it feels. So 1mm huh. Would you use clecos or i also have rare earth magnets witch i love. With my work i attatch large auto panels that cant be jus help in place. Im thinkn of using my air saw more often So i can get a small gap. Almost all my panels are fitted by layn one over another then cuttin. I have had great results with this. But the gap with blade width or better. About .040 and alot of grinding.