View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 08:47 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec . 2016, Sept 2019 Metal Shaper Of The Year 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstalgia1 View Post
Looking good Jack! Keep the pics and updates coming. Doesn't look mundane from here...loving to see your engineering at work!!

Question: Will you have to move the door hinges/cowl forward to extend the doors? Or how will you get around that? Sorry if I'm jumping way ahead, just been working it in my head and am anxious to see how you resolve that issue.

Greg
You're not jumping that far ahead, Greg. That's the next step after the rockers are done. I really, REALLY don't want to go to suicide doors but I might have to. The way these doors open is similar to how yours open on the 55. They swing outward. Outside the fender. The hinges are already pretty long as is and the pivot point of the hinge has to be ahead of the leading edge of the door. Didn't you say once that you use CAD or a similar design program? Maybe you can help me figure this out. I'm not going to move the cowl. That would throw off a lot of the proportioning that I spent so much time on. If you look at the Photoshop rendering on page 1 you can see that although the wrap around windshield comes back into the door area, the front face of the windshield is in the original location.

Set a Goal So Big That You Can't Achieve It Until You Grow Into The Person That Can.

Last edited by Jack 1957; 09-15-2015 at 08:55 PM.