View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 11:26 PM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

Jerry, thanks for the questions/comments. I try to use media blasting (I use 80Grit Garnet) over any conversion type coating, so yeah, that's my favorite.

We media blasted the wire and will flood the area after wrap/before painting with SPI epoxy primer..

tried to make some headway on the Biederman. John is taking it to the truck show in Macungie PA so we're trying to get the fenders complete so he can bolt them on and answer questions all day about their bare finish..

With the lower hood side cleco'ed to the passenger fender using wing nut clecos to pull things up nice and tight, lets get some plug welds done to join all three parts together...

Passenger fender lapped seams then had SPI epoxy brushed in from both sides to seal in case he runs into rain. We he returns they'll be ready for media blasting and paint..

Next onto the Driver fender, the remainder of the flange from the old filler panel is removed, a cut off wheel is used for releasing the OEM spot welds..

Next, we had a rub issue where the fender was a bit close to the cab....note the flat area, as well as a rust through. So we'll just trim this out and replace..

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel