Thread: Door Curtains
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65
Default Door Curtains

I've lusted after some door curtains for years but they're expensive and I've got a bunch of doors I'd like to seal off. Currently, I use blue tarps and I'm always getting wrapped up in them. They work but are a pain in the rear.

A few months ago I was visiting a friend and he had some. When I commented on them, he said, "You know what they are don't you?....Clear carpet runners cut into strips." DUH!

What a great idea!

I wasn't able to find any locally that didn't have the spikes on the end but found these on Amazon.

n 013.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$45 for 3x50' with free shipping. How many doors it will cover depends on your door size. I did about a 3" overlap with 12" wide strips. One box did 2 1/2 4x8 openings.

This is what they look like hung. I just stapled them in place for now. Ultimately, I'll probably do a more robust fastening...if they ever come off. It's pretty neat, you just walk right through them.

n 012.jpg

They do a really good job of keeping the AC in the room and letting light out without having to slide doors of fight with a tarp.