View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 08:15 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October '14 , April '16, July 2020, Jan 2023

Here's my old Huntsman "shortie" with the Tillman bib and the leather skull cover with look-thru opening. I just flop the 18in x 30in leather over my noggin and clamp the helmet down over that. I use the same leather for my stick welding headgear, too.
P1030867 c.jpg
For xtra light I just clip on the ratty old flashlight cuz it's bright enough I can read directions/plans/diagrams with the helmet down - shade 10, goldy.
P1030866 c.jpg
Oh yeah - dual lenses on my hat - been working on a new arc lens for a while - side by side testing wuz needed - version S9-10-12 and 14 w/ goldy coat nearly finished. I really like the visibility. Should get some production going on these this fall .... not flicker-flash lenses, just plain old static ones, sorry.

(ps, I do not like arc flash. I have tried different flicker-flash lenses over the time they have been offered. I do not get flashed with the static lenses and I can see pretty well with the hat down.)

http://www.tinmantech.com

"All it takes is a little practical experience to blow the he!! out of a perfectly good theory." --- Lloyd Rosenquist, charter member AWS, 1919.

Last edited by crystallographic; 05-31-2017 at 01:51 AM.