View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 07:18 PM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHillWill View Post
Jimmy Matthews and I worked on building the shipping 'boxes' for the wheeling machines that are going to Denver and L.A. Mark Seybold form Tennessee arrived mid day and loaded up his. We got Jimmy's wheel together and tried it out and it looks great to me. I measured a few dimensions and determined that this wheeling machine has a 27-1/2" throat, and the height from the mounting surface to the wheel convergent point is about 15-1/2". The stand that I made is 34" tall making the operating height on this machine to be about 49-1/2". Note in the next to the last picture that there are long adjusting screws beneath the cradle 'legs'. I looked more closely and there are pins that run up thru the cradle legs and are able to raise either side in a manner than will 'rotate' the lower anvil relative to the upper wheel. Perhaps Peter can jump in here and explain more about how to use this feature. The cradle width is a little wider than the anvil to make room for this angular movement.

Attachment 36858

Attachment 36859

Attachment 36860

Attachment 36861

Attachment 36862

Attachment 36863

Attachment 36864

Attachment 36865

Attachment 36866

Gentlemen ...that really looks good as a matter of interest how is the US top wheel fitting on the shaft? Any movement? is it to tight? What is the run out like ? is the spacer between the two bearings OK...............(I just like to make sure that all is working well)
Do not forget the fact that it does not need to be squeezed to get shape up .......Will remember the door skin me and you made in Oblong?
Peter

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM

Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 03-20-2016 at 08:02 PM.