View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 06:24 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2018

Post Miura chassis makes it home

It was a successful trip and after a long drive I now have the Miura chassis in my own garage where I can start work on it myself. Here we’re fueling up in Fort Worth, Texas preparing for the 2.5 days of driving to get back home to California. One observation I had is that diesel is about $1 per gallon less expensive in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas than California and the roads were in much better shape in those states as well. Hmmm…where are all those CA fuel tax dollars going?

I’d also like to thank Charley Strickland for all he’s contributed to the Miura project so far. Firstly, he had the chassis done and ready for pickup on schedule. In addition, he spent a good half day walking me through a bunch of details on the chassis and suspension. He provided me information on sources for many of the parts I’ll need to obtain for this car. Its guys like Charley that make the home built car hobby much better and truly enjoyable.

Getting the chassis loaded on the trailer turned out to be easy. I haven’t weighed the chassis yet but it was easy enough for 3 guys to pick it up off chassis table, carry about 30 feet and put on the trailer. While the drive home was long, it was uneventful.