View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 05:04 AM

G'day to all who have been reading this, I have had my visit with the doctor who did the implant and he said the same as the message I got from St Jude medical [ the manufacturers of the defibrillator] the day before. I can use a welder as long as it is not 400 amp or larger, but there are stipulations to how I use it. #1 if doing tack welds make sure there is a 5 to 10 second gap between tacks as rapid consecutive welds simulate heart beat and set it off so using a spot welder and doing a fast run along a flanged edge would also do the same. #2 try not to do to long a run, keep it to a minimum. #3 keep the welder unit as far away as possible, keep both leads together and to one side.#4 have someone with you when you first start back welding in case it goes off which is like being punched very hard in the chest. #5 if you start to feel light headed or dissy turn off the welder and sit down for ten minutes. The rest where the usual common sense things we all know such as welding in the wet etc, so I will give it a bash in a couple of days when the shed is sorted out and room is available.
Thanks to all who put up there ideas and comments..
Bluebeard.