View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 03:48 AM

Default help with pexto ph52 hydraulic shear

i have purchased a pexto shear at auction that i had to rebuild all the electrical panel components due to a electrical fire. I have the unit working now but, have one issue... the main electrical contactor wont engage completely and buzzes when i push the start switch. if i hold my hand on the switch it will eventually close (30-45 seconds) and my motor will power up. I have also used a screwdriver to push on the contactor to start the motor just fine. when rebuilding this shear electrical components (mostly replacement of contactors and relays) there were some extra wires added to the system which i believe cause this fire. i think i found the cause of the contactor buzzing.. the transformer that is installed in the box is undersized. I was wondering if anyone has a pexto ph52 shear if they can let me know the part number or rating (kva)of transformer that is installed in their working machine. the transformer is located at the upper left hand portion inside the electrical panel. i would lke to thank you in advance for any help you can give me on this