View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobadame View Post
I think your Olds looks pretty classy as is.
Thanks, I do too. However I have the classy thing handled with my 65 Cutlass. Pretty sure my 455 I'm building will go in the Omega and leave the Cutlass a cruiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnMarsh View Post
I like the idea. I might have a slightly different approach though. I would make the scoops from new metal and get them looking the way I want without ever cutting the hood. Then I would cut the hood, and use a t-dolly to roll the edges to meet the new metal of the scoops. The first metal shaping project I did was a 68 COPO Camaro style hood for my 67 Camaro, but my website is down right now or I'd show you a few pics to see what I mean.
I may have seen that before, tell us when the sites back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Brad,

I would make them as wide as the grill inserts and not so high,gives a better line.

Ben
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
it migth be the angle of the picture but it looks like they are not in they are not in mittle of the car

i agree with ben wider and lower
Quote:
Originally Posted by slobitz View Post
Bens idea gets my vote.
It was a quicky cut/paste on MS paint. I dont have photoshop. I agree they are not right, just the idea is what I was after there.
Pretty sure I'll mod the grill also. I'm o.k. with the way it rolls up and over but I think it would look 'tougher' flat.

So if I end up doing this what gauge sheet metal should I get? So its strong enough.

I do welcome all thoughts and opinions. Thanks guys!