View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 06:51 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Finally, getting underway on preparations. New baby goats, tractor and transportation repairs, etc. are in the rearview mirror and work began in earnest today when Mike Yurko came down from North Carolina with a handful of door prizes for the welders, and was a great help in doing some welding on a few door prizes, tool exchange items and some items that needed to be taken care of to get the Humvee project able to be moved out of the shop, and some speedster items that needed some attention.

He delivered another 'Shrink Positive' machine by Carl Adams that belongs to Robert Robinson that we will be able to use at the roundup. We went to Jimmy Matthews to discuss lunch preparations, look at his new design for stumps (will surprise you!), gather up some of his door prizes and make arrangements so use his MecHammer and his Tommasini Wheeling machine. That will give us three of Peter's machines to use. In addition, there will be one fabricated wheeling machine fitted with a go-cart tire and another for use as a backup. I will be setting up both aluminum gas welding tables with one of Kent Whites Mecco torches and a backup gas torch. I will be getting some of Kents new, fresh flux to use as well. I have plenty of 18ga. steel, a small amount of 19 ga. steel and plenty of .060 3003 aluminum, 1100 welding rod.

Thanks, Mike and Jimmy!

WCSunday 019.jpg

WCSunday 020.jpg

WCSunday 022.jpg

WCSunday 023.jpg

WCSunday 025.jpg

WCSunday 028.jpg

WCSunday 030.jpg

WCSunday 031.jpg

Last edited by RockHillWill; 03-11-2018 at 06:59 PM.