View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 01:13 PM
MetalShaper of the Month
May 2009, Jan 2012, Dec 2014

I got my visor today. It works very well. I had no problem seeing the weld pool and there was no flare from the flux to worry about while aluminium welding. I also used it to weld some steel and it was good for that too.

Having to wear glasses these days is a bloody nuisance and I have struggled with goggles and glasses for a few years now. It was much better with the visor because I could lift the visor and still see. The visor is light weight and comfortable enough. Perhaps a little padding on the bit that goes over the top of your head would help especially for those with no hair like me.

Because these are sold here in the UK they must meet all European safety regulations which I imagine are very stringent. They carry the CE kite mark so should be available in most parts of Europe. They are also rated for Australia and New Zealand so I imagine they are available there.

I paid £24.24 including VAT for both the visor and the headband from the welding supply guy that calls at my workshop. He had the visor on the van as a stock item.

As far as I can see there is no need to spend a fortune on welding glasses, these work fine. Being a plastic visor it will be vulnerable to scratches even though it is scratch resistant and meets impact safety regs. At this price its not going to brake the bank even if the visor needs replacing every few months. (about £14.00 for the visor only)

I have no connection to the company, I don't sell these so do not have a vested interest. The above is just my opinion. I hope it helps.

Anyone else buying one of these please post your findings.

David

All things are possible.

Last edited by David Gardiner; 07-17-2013 at 01:31 PM.