All MetalShaping

All MetalShaping (https://allmetalshaping.com/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://allmetalshaping.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   John 'Boogiemanz' Brown (https://allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=18173)

Kerry Pinkerton 07-21-2018 11:26 AM

John 'Boogiemanz' Brown

Many of you who were around in the early days of MetalMeet and the Oblong events will remember John Brown. He was on the MM board for a few years during the early Oblong events. I spoke with John a few months ago and he was really struggling to speak.

I spoke with John's wife Kathy this morning. John is not doing well. He has had a couple strokes and some other issues. He is now in a nursing home. He still knows folks and talks about the folks he knew. His speech is very slow and labored but is still able to walk slowly.

It's very sad. John was such a big robust presence. Those of you who are so inclined, please send some positive thoughts.

Ben 07-21-2018 03:05 PM

Dang Kerry

that is sad to hear, I loved that man,he is a kind Boogieman....

Ben

mr.c 07-21-2018 03:29 PM

Kerry: Thanks for posting this. I,as well, have fond memories of John. I was really impressed with the quality of his work and his friendly spirit. I never quite understood his handle. It didn't match his personality. Cool nevertheless.
The sad reality is that time is no longer sneaking up on some of us. It is tapping us on the shoulder. Losing the ability to work is really hard for people like us. Sad indeed.
Anybody have any photos to post here? It has been a really long time. I remember BIG and BEARD.

Kerry Pinkerton 07-21-2018 05:10 PM

I'm sure there are photos on MetalMeet if they haven't lost them too. I don't have a logon over there but if you go and look at Oblong 04 or 05 you should see some of him. If anyone does, I'd appreciate you saving it and posting it over here

He is a member here but never posted much and was last here in 2013. From what I understand, he's been on a long downward slide.

What Carey said is right. All us old farts are going to be fading away sooner rather than later. It's up to you 'kids' to keep the spirit alive.

Gulley 07-22-2018 12:04 AM

This is sad to hear he had some great ideas his bead roller was well designed. If I remember correctly he plumbed the hot water in the showers at Oblong.
Have a good day. Gulley

Bob 07-22-2018 08:32 AM

Sad to hear that. I often wonder how he's been doing. Yep, kind guy with a big heart. Helped me out in my early metal shaping days. A Harley guy too, so we had more than metal shaping in common. Hope for the best for him.

duck 07-23-2018 09:19 PM

Hate to hear that about John. I wondered what had happened to him.
Yep, a good guy.
He told me a few years ago that he had been bitten by a tick and it really took a toll on him. A lime tick perhaps.

My regards,

Duck

Kerry Pinkerton 07-23-2018 10:10 PM

John called me today. His wife Kathy brings him home when she can and told me we had been talking on FaceBook. He struggles to get words out but you can tell that John is still in there.

He asked if I would help sell his shop tools and of course I said yes. Kathy is going to take photos and I'll start a thread.

Bill Harrison 08-14-2018 12:57 PM

John is definitely a character . Fun to be around. Dang these golden years. Bill