All MetalShaping

All MetalShaping (https://allmetalshaping.com/index.php)
-   Automotive Projects (https://allmetalshaping.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Scrapmaker's 32 Ford Project (https://allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=16047)

123pugsy 12-22-2016 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norson (Post 131808)
Ray
I'm working on a similar project that is not moving fast enough and am Looking forward to your build with the hope to gain inspiration from it.
Norm

Do you have a build thread Norm?
Sharing your progress with the fellas here may bring you more inspiration than you may think.

ojh 12-22-2016 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like a fun project. I want to give you a headsup in case you haven't spotted it yet. Those glass bodies are a little extra 'roomy' and it shows in the footbox just in front of the door. There is an odd angle to it, kinda hard to tell without the door and finished paint.
I could only find this pic of one, not the best but if you look at the shaded area where it transitions from lower door edge to the firewall. It is not a smooth transition as Ford made it, I suspect the body is wider and that short area in the cowl is where is shows with stock width firewall. I noticed it better looking at it from a distance as seen from the front.
Attachment 39856

I'm looking forward to the build, got to be fun.

Scrap maker 12-22-2016 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ojh (Post 131844)
Looks like a fun project. I want to give you a headsup in case you haven't spotted it yet. Those glass bodies are a little extra 'roomy' and it shows in the footbox just in front of the door. There is an odd angle to it, kinda hard to tell without the door and finished paint.
I could only find this pic of one, not the best but if you look at the shaded area where it transitions from lower door edge to the firewall. It is not a smooth transition as Ford made it, I suspect the body is wider and that short area in the cowl is where is shows with stock width firewall. I noticed it better looking at it from a distance as seen from the front.
Attachment 39856

I'm looking forward to the build, got to be fun.

I'm using a little creative freedom with this build. This glass body has a big bulge on the rear quarters where it transitions to the doors? The entire body is also listing to one side and the floor is kicked over also. I'm just going to do what i do and see how it goes.......Ray

norson 12-22-2016 07:54 PM

Pugsy
I have been taking pictures with the plan to do a build, but want to have some progress to show before I do. I am slow!!! I may have to check with Ray. Maybe he can get me going.
Norm

Scrap maker 12-26-2016 12:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Not very exciting but the understructure is taking shape for the trunk opening.
Note to self......when taking measurements off a glass car throw the tape measure away, Ray

Attachment 39905

Attachment 39906

Attachment 39907

Attachment 39908

Scrap maker 01-01-2017 10:24 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I screwed up so bad on the geometry of the first trunk hinges that I bench mocked up the door ones.

Attachment 40111

Attachment 40112

Attachment 40113

Attachment 40114

Attachment 40115

Attachment 40116

RockHillWill 01-02-2017 08:49 AM

Nice progress. Thanks for posting.

Jack 1957 01-02-2017 09:36 PM

Cool project, Ray. How did you get such smooth bends on the square tube deck lid framework? Do you have a roller?

Scrap maker 01-02-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack 1957 (Post 132327)
Cool project, Ray. How did you get such smooth bends on the square tube deck lid framework? Do you have a roller?

I do but very rarely use it. I do these so often in my builds for making bucks i have a feel for it. I just use i short piece of square tube in a bench vice and tug just right......................Ray

Scrap maker 01-03-2017 10:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So I changed my mind and will use a stock door hinge set up.
Now working on the door jambs and window openings. Need to get all this figured out before the skins. I used to make multiple pieces welded together to do them , now with a little more skill i can get them all in one. Ray

Attachment 40137

Attachment 40138

Attachment 40139